David Preece Mar 09 •
There have been some reports of shaking/shuddering on the UI on 1.2.13. If you're affected please lodge a ticket at email@example.com.
David Preece Mar 09 •
If you've bought via a promo and are reinstalling, you don't need your license key any more - just the username and password you set up when you first ran MixTape. Use this installer for best results :)
David Preece September 06, 2013 •
Unfortunately the "as shipped" disk image has a bug relating to failed net connectivity. The fix is simple: Download the new disk image, do the drag to applications thing and try again.
Obviously let me know if this doesn't help you.
David Preece July 14, 2013 •
The appstore users have all been stuck on 1.2.9 for ages and ages so it is with no small celebration that 1.2.11 is out and is an update via the app store. If you're a MixTape "classic" user, you can download a new disk image.
In addition to the epic change list below we can now add some more bullet points:
- Retina graphics. (oh yeah, this looks great)
- Timer for live stream now shows time to playhead.
- News items can be delivered directly to desktop.
- Tune height clamping now works properly.
- Problem with delete key not working on library fixed.
- Problem with deleting last mix fixed.
- Problem with control key being 'stuck' after a context menu fixed.
- Plastic removed from album art view (speed and OSX UI changes).
- First added track now displays preview.
- Various behind the scenes fixes.
Some late breaking sadness is that it appears MixTape suffers from the Amazon S3 RequestTimeout bug (for which we are not the only sufferers). Obviously I'll be getting my head down and writing a chunked upload / retry kinda thing that will go in the next release. It does, indeed, never stop :)
David Preece April 23, 2013 •
The new MixTape release, 1.2.10 has been released for those who bought through the web (AppStore versions are currently in review).
In many cases the auto-update mechanism won't work (long story) but there's a simple workaround:
What's new 1.2.9 to 1.2.10
- Fine tuning of timing tabs can now be done 'live'. See support site for demonstration.
- Can now add new timing tabs (select a track, press cmd+T, will place at playhead).
- Published mixes now have chapter markers at the start of each track.
- Dragging from the library to a finder window copies the file.
- Pro users can both import and export uncompressed audio.
- New midi sync offset (live) to correct for chain latency.
- Rapid access to Atomic Droplet's social media presence (under the help menu).
- Smoother scrolling.
- Cleaned up UI around multiple (track) deletes.
- Fixed 10.8 drag/drop import bug.
- "Last Modified" dates now reworked as "Created".
- A newly imported track is automatically selected in the library.
- Fine tuning is now finer.
- Fixed problems with 'web' MixTape being in a sandbox.
- Fixed 'double import' problem.
- Preview window shows track length and tempo.
- Preview window shows additional usage hints.
- Alerts can now be suppressed ("Don't show me this message again").
- Live stream stops playing at end of mix.
- Delete key works on tunes and mixes.
- Removed ability to buy from app.
- Fixed startup problems with AppStore MixTape.
- Fixed initial directory for disk publish in AppStore MixTape.
- Fixed problem with deleting a track that's in an undo stack.
- Fixed problem with undo deleted tracks having the wrong appearance.
- Further narrowed range of speed slider.
- Track height slider now initialises properly.
- Control points now longer get stuck 'on'.
- New libraries are created in the Music directory by default.
- Prevented 'running over' of provide/take sync buttons.
- Prevented attempting to change artist name (web version).
- Spectral images are no longer limited to widths that can be handled by 10.4.
- Server timeouts have been extended.
- Deprecated function calls all replaced with 10.6+ versions.
- Huge general tidyup of codebase.
What's new 1.2.8 to 1.2.9
- Fixed compatibility problems with 10.8 (and tested with iTunes 10.7)
- Spectral information displayed in Lite
- No longer requires address book permissions from sandbox
- Additional characters removed from published names
- First search result selected by default
- Narrowed range of the manual speed control to +-15%